Aditya Birla Capital Limited (ABCL) is the financial services platform of Aditya Birla Group – a $ 44.3 billion Fortune 500 company in India. Anchored by an extraordinary force of more than 120,000 employees of 42 nationalities, it operates in 35 countries worldwide.
Formerly, known as Aditya Birla Financial Services Limited, ABCL has a strong presence in the fields of
- life insurance,
- asset management,
- private equity,
- corporate lending,
- structured finance and project financing,
- general insurance brokerage,
- asset management,
- foreign exchange and commodities,
- online personal finance management,
- housing finance,
- pension fund management,
- health insurance and reconstruction of assets.
With more than 17,000 employees, Aditya Birla Health Insurance has a national reach and over 2,000,000 agents / distribution partners.
Aditya Birla Health Insurance is committed to meeting the end-to-end financial services needs of its individual and corporate customers with a brand unified – Aditya Birla Capital.
On 31st December 2018, Aditya Birla Capital’s total assets management valuation was of INR 3000 billion and has a consolidated loan portfolio of more than INR 600 billion, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures.
An Intro – Aditya Birla Health Insurance
Aditya Birla Health Insurance provides plans which perfectly syncs and pans out in all type of income group with different lifestyle.
Nowadays, where technology has put our health surveillance at our fingertips and medical science has found solutions to complex diseases, Aditya Birla Health Insurance offers innovative health insurance products that include a complete ecosystem to take care of own health.
The driving force behind our progressive services is their goal statement, “Giving families the means to motivate and prioritize their health and a life that gives them life“
Peculiar Facts About Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance is one of the largest health insurance companies in India
- Aditya Birla Capital Ltd is a branch of Aditya Birla Group, founded in 1857, a name not to be missed in the country
- The company’s goal is to offer contemporary technologies in the form of integrated digital wellness incentive programs that will help customers choose a healthier lifestyle
- This partnership has a long history of managing successful businesses
Also Read: Claim Settlement in health insurance
Features & Benefits of Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- High Insured Amount: An amount insured under Aditya Birla health insurance plans, ranging from INR 10 lakhs to a maximum of INR 2 crores is one of the highest of its competitors.
- Recharge of sum insured: The policyholders can supplement the predetermined amount for a given illness regardless of other claims made during the same period.
- Longer policy management: The policies offer relatively longer plan durations ranging from 1 to 3 years which eliminates the need to renew the policy every year.
- 24-hour hospitalization clause not applicable: Some policies also cover specific diseases for which treatment and surgery do not require hospitalization beyond 24 hours unlike most other diets insurers.
- Flexible Hospital Room Selection: This feature allows the policyholders to receive reimbursements when claiming reimbursement for the selection of a lower priced hospital room what s / he can use the terms of the policy.
- Pre- and post-hospital costs coverage: It policies provide insured persons with financial coverage for pre- and post-hospital expenses for a certain period before and after admission.
- Additional Coverage: Costs incurred for hospital care such as intensive care costs, surgery costs, hospital room rent, medical consultation fees, prescribed medications, etc. They are covered by Aditya Birla’s health insurance schemes.
- Ability to opt for home-based hospitalization: Home-based care provides most Aditya Birla health insurance providers with the option to opt for medical treatment at home for medical reasons.
- Recovery Benefits: Some plans also offer the benefit of recovering.
- Additional Services: The proposed specialty services are the Chronic Disease Management Program for Chronic Disease, the Wellness Coach, Medical Returns, etc
Why Health Insurance is important in India?
Also Read: Tax benefits in health insurance
Plans offered by Aditya Birla Health Insurance
Health insurance policies differ according to the preferences, needs and budget of an individual. With the exorbitant cost of medical bills and health care in India, it is advisable to opt for a comprehensive health insurance program that meets all the medical emergencies and unprecedented expenses.
Taking into account the above-mentioned constraint, Aditya Birla Health Insurance has formulated its insurance products..
1. Activ Health Essential
- Sum insured options starting from as low as Rs.50,000
- No maximum limit on entry age
- Day 1 coverage for various chronic diseases including diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, etc.
- Deductible options available to get premium discounts
- Free health checkup available once per policy year
- Second e-opinion from qualified international specialists for various critical illnesses
2. Activ Health Enhanced
- Enhanced protection with sum insured up to Rs.2 crore
- No limit on entry age
- Day 1 cover for various chronic illnesses including diabetes, hypertension, asthma, etc.
- Choice of room category for all policyholders with sum insured Rs.7 lakh and above
- Recovery benefit for variou ancillary expenses including travel expenses, attendant fees, etc.
- Worldwide Emergency Assistance Service for medical help in places across the world
3. Activ Secure – Personal Accident
- Complete protection against death and disability
- Coverage provided for modification of vehicle and home following a disability
- Compensation for education benefit for children of the insured
- Protection against loans taken by the insured
- Multiple add-on covers to enhance protection
4. Activ Secure – Critical Illness
- Three different plans available based on the sum insured chosen
- Protection offered for up to 64 critical illnesses
- Sum insured options up to Rs.1 crore in the most comprehensive plan
- Tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax Act
5. Activ Secure – Hospital Cash
- Daily cash benefit offered irrespective of the hospital bill
- Per day allowance ranges between Rs.500 to Rs.10,000 based on the plan chosen by the insured
- Double cash allowance for hospitalisation in intensive care unit
- Additional benefit if hospitalisation extends beyond 7 days
6. Activ Secure – Cancer
- Coverage provided for all three stages of cancer – early, major, and advanced
- Payout percentage of sum insured differs based on the stage of detection
- Survival period of just 7 days following the first diagnosis of cancer
- Increased protection through cumulative bonus
7. Activ Assure – Diamond
- Multiple sum insured options up to Rs.2 crore
- Any room upgrade option for sum insured over Rs.5 lakh
- Various add-on covers to enhance overall benefits
- Coverage for AYUSH in-patient hospitalisation for treatments including Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy
- Rewards for following a healthy lifestyle
- Tax relief for premium amount paid
8. Group Activ Health
- Simple underwriting and quick issuance of policy
- Easy documentation procedures
- Availability of cashless treatment
- Customisable features and benefits
- Variable options as per the requirements of the insured
*Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location, term of the plan, and prevailing taxes/GST
Q. How can I claim Aditya Birla health insurance?
Answer: Refund request process: Notify the insurance company at 1800-103-1033 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at time of hospitalization if the emergency occurs within 48 hours of admission and at least 3 days before admission.
Q. Why should we go for Aditya Birla health insurance?
Answer The credibility and reliability of being a product of Aditya Birla Group
Most Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plans Include Floater Benefit.
A wide range of plans designed to meet the different needs of health insurance
Interesting benefits such as a return to health, wellness coaching, etc.
It includes a range of additional coverage that allows policyholders to improve the effectiveness of their health insurance policy.
Interesting bonuses at the end of the duration of the policy.
Q. What is super NCB?
Answer: No Requested Bonus (NCB) is a discount offered by an insurer to a policyholder for failing to submit a claim during the policy’s validity period. NCBs can be accumulated over the years and the discount varies from 20% to 50% on the own damage premium.
Q. What’re the pros of Aditya Birla health insurance plans over others?
Answer: Number of Network Hospitals 10,000+
Claim Settlement Ratio is 89.05%
Portability is available
Renewability of the Policy – Lifelong renewal
Additional Rider Benefit is available
Health wellness program: Wellness coaching and wellness fitness centres
Created by Rishabh MishraContent Writer & SEO intern who specializes in Advertising & PR. Know more @ Linkedin & Quora