How to apply for online driving license in India?
People of all ages like to ride a bicycle or a car. They prefer to be independent and move from one point to another without depending on others. Although taxis and public transportation have improved significantly in the last decade, people prefer to travel alone.
Learning to drive is the first step, but applying for a driver’s license is the most important step to driving on the road.
The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 states that no person with a valid driving license can drive a vehicle in a public place. It is a criminal offense.
Therefore, if you have always left the Regional Transportation Office (RTO) because you have been out of business for some time or do not know how to apply for a driving license in your city, read on.
How to Apply for Online Driving License?
Yes, you can put your driving license application online in 2019. All you have to do is visit the Sarathi website of the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways and follow the steps below.
Steps to submit the driving license application form:
- Visit the Sarathi website of the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways.
- On the left, you can see the options in “Driving license“.
- Select the option “Apply online” and select “New driving license” in the drop-down menu.
- You will now see the instructions for submitting the driver’s license application form. Read the instructions carefully and click “Next” to continue.
- As soon as you click “Next”, you will be asked if you have a learning license, a foreign license or a
defenselicense. Check the corresponding box and continue.
- Depending on what you have previously selected, you will be asked for the student’s license number / foreign driver’s license number/
- You will also be asked to enter your date of birth in the DDMMYYYY format.
- When you have entered the desired information, click “OK”.
- This form will ask you to enter your personal information, such as your name, age, and address.
- Once you have clicked on all the details, you will be asked to download all the necessary supporting documents, such as proof of address, proof of age and proof of identity.
- You may be asked to upload a passport photo and your signature. Please keep scanned copies of the same size.
- After downloading all documents, you will be asked to set the time of your Driving license appointment.
- Select the date and time that you can access the RTO directly and it will appear for your Driving license test.
- Once you have made the payment to send your driver’s license application, your request will be sent successfully to RTO.
- On the day of your appointment, make sure you arrive a few minutes early and take the exam.
After completing the form and reviewing the information, the applicant can submit the form online by clicking on the Submit button at the bottom of the form.
The shipment will display a web application number automatically generated on the screen. Write down the number for future reference and to verify the status of the application.
Also read: Top 5 best car insurance in India
How to search application number?
To receive the details of the applicant, you must proceed as follows:
- Select the status in the Select status name drop-down menu.
- Then you have the option to select the RTO. Select the name of RTO from the ‘RTO Name’ drop-down menu.
- Enter your name, first name, last name, and date of birth.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Click on “Send.”
Also read: What is RTI In Car Insurance?
Documents Required to Apply for Online Driving License:
The following list of documents must be submitted using the application form (Form 9):
- Learning Licence.
- Address proof: Aadhar card,
- Age proof: Aadhar card, Pan card, School matriculation certificate, Birth certificate
- Passport-sized photograph
- Car/ Bike Insurance
- Medical fitness certificate
- Signature or thumb impression of the applicant.
This is the process to apply online driving license In India. If you have any other query then visit official website Sarthi Website.