IFFCO Tokio Bike Insurance Plans
It is mandatory for every two-wheeler owner to have two wheeler insurance. Two wheeler insurance policies can broadly be classified into two categories- third party insurance and comprehensive insurance. Depending on your personal needs and requirements, you can easily select the right policy. There are many reliable companies that offer two wheeler insurance in India.
Two-wheelers are the most preferred option for people commuting daily to their office. Here are some important things to look forward to from a two-wheeler policy by IFFCO Tokio:
- A policy provides access to Zero Depreciation Cover as many times as you want.
- Coverage for damage from natural calamities like Flood, storm, lightning, earthquake, landslide etc
- Coverage for man made calamities like burglary, theft, accidental external damage, etc
- More than 2000 garages offering cashless service.
- A renewing policy has never been easier as you can do it online whenever you have time.
- Discounts from No Claim Bonus can be as high as 50%
Loss or damage to your vehicle: Any loss or damage caused to the vehicle due to the following natural and man-made calamities.
Natural calamities: Fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, landslide, rock slide.
Man made calamities: Burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, accident by external means, any damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air.
Personal accident cover: The motor insurance provides compulsory personal accident cover of Rs. 1 lakh for an individual owner/driver of the vehicle insured while traveling in, mounting or dismounting from the vehicle. You can also opt for a personal accident cover for the pillion rider.
Third party legal liability: Protects against legal liability arising due to accidental damages, any permanent injury/death of a person and/or any damage caused to the property.
Basic Insurance Cover
- Provides comprehensive two wheeler insurance( covers you when your bike sustains damage due to an accident, fire or is stolen,)
- Third Party Liability (Kicks in case of a claim against you for injury or damage to third party person(s), vehicle or property)
Get additional discounts on your online two wheeler insurance premium with Voluntary Deductible.
Basic Insurance Cover + Personal Accident Cover
- All benefits of Basic Insurance Cover
- Personal Accident Cover for both passengers of the two-wheeler (rider and pillion rider) that provides a compensation of Rs. 1 lakh per rider in the event of death/permanent total disablement arising from two-wheeler accident
Benefits Of two wheeler insurance policy can cover:
- The damages to the vehicle resulting from an accident can be repaired or replaced under the insurance.
- Third party liabilities covering injury or death of the person or any damage to their property.
- Personal accident cover to the owner-driver, including injury or death.
- Loss or damage of the two-wheeler for natural disasters and man-made like fire, hurricane, storm, cyclone, typhoon, earthquake, lightning, flood, self-ignition, explosion, theft, injury, house-break, strike or riot.
- Personal accidental cover to the co-passenger in the two-wheeler with the rider.
To complete the two wheeler insurance online renewal after expiry follows these steps:
- Review your requirements related to two-wheeler insurance. You can make changes to your two wheeler insurance online at the time of renewal.
- Log in to the Website.
- Enter the details related to your bike and your previous policy.
- Select the type of bike insurance policy.
- Set Insured Declared Value (IDV)and select Add-ons if required.
- Make payment.
Also, here are the t hings to know before renewing two-wheeler insurance online:
- If you had a Third-party Liability Policy before, you can buy a Comprehensive Bike
- Insurance Policy and start enjoying No Claim Bonus by driving safe.
- If you have a Comprehensive Bike Insurance Policy and several add-ons, you can review and buy only those Add-ons which you think are necessary.
- In case you are not satisfied with the services provided by your insurer, you can switch to a new insurance company at the time of renewal.
- If your friend or family member rides your bike frequently, you can add that person’s name in your bike insurance policy.
- If you have made modifications to your bike, you need to inform your insurer about the changes in the aesthetics you made. This also holds true, even if you have installed an anti-theft device on your bike.
Seeing your precious motorcycle damaged—be it man’s savage action or the wrath of nature is heartbreaking. While it is a personal and financial loss, what can help in such a situation is a bike insurance. Today we see how one files a claim with the insurer in the event your motorcycle is wrecked.
- Contact your insurer ASAP
Whether it is an accident or a natural calamity—you need to contact your insurer at the earliest. Not doing so will complicate matters later.
- Register an F.I.R.
If your bike is part of an accident or there is damage to a third-party individual or property, register an F.I.R. It will help speed up the claim process.
Once the F.I.R. is registered, take the two-wheeler to the nearest garage which comes under the network of the insurer.
Once your bike is deposited at the garage, talk to the insurance firm’s customer representative. He or she will guide you on the documents required for making a claim.
Ensure you submit all the required documents and do not forget to attest them. Once you do, the documents undergo verification.
- Approval and Payment
The customer service representative gets an estimate of the cost and repairs and once the documents are verified, the insurer makes the payment to the garage.
- Final Details
The insurer will inform you about the payments made and if there is any payment you need to do. Once your bike is ready, you can take it away immediately.
Two-Wheeler Insurance Premium Online
- Log on to the website and on the topmost panel select motor and then bike insurance.
- Enter the following details in the respective boxes
- Bike make
- Variant (fuel/cc)
- Registration number
- Registration year
- New bike policy/Renewal
- Basic personal details (Name, city, email, phone)
- Click to get quotes ww.policyplanner.in.