Individual Travel Insurance Covers and Features
Travel Insurance also is known as Overseas Medical Travel insurance is a comprehensive Single Trip cover for an Individual going abroad on business or holiday trip.
If you are permanently migrating from India, then you can buy insurance for two months and thereafter, get a policy from there.
Not only does it provide coverage for Trip Cancellation, Loss or delay of Checked in Baggage, Loss of Passport etc. but also covers your medical expenses during your overseas stay.
Some of the Travel Insurance Plans even provide coverage for burglary and/or robbery for your Indian home while you are away for your trip.
Why do I Need Travel Insurance?
Traveling abroad to a foreign land entails a lot of risks.
Medical expenses in foreign currency and hospitalization can be prohibitively expensive.
Our travel policy covers you for all medical eventualities for just a fraction of the amount you would otherwise need.
- Covers expenses of hospitalization, loss of baggage and other incidental expenses
- Covers you against trip cancellation, trip curtailment and burglary of your home*
- Quick disbursement of claims
- Global expertise matched with local knowledge
- Innovative packages to match individual needs
- An only insurance company with in-house international toll-free numbers and fax numbers
Why is Travel Insurance Important?
Most of us, when taking a trip abroad, only bother to look up and purchase an insurance policy for travel if the destination country demands it as a compulsion by law, such as the United Kingdom. While traveling within India, on the other hand, we choose to ignore it completely. In doing so, however, we are facing a grave risk of financial loss during transit. This is why travel insurance is of the utmost importance today. It has a lot of benefits under its coverage.
A good travel insurance policy typically covers expenses such as those of medical hospitalization emergencies, personal accidents, delays in the trip and the loss of passport and baggage. There are various insurance web aggregators in India which help to compare some of the best travel insurance plans and their coverage, so as to ensure that the buyer of the insurance plan makes an informed decision. The premium for insurance plans covering trips to different countries depends directly on how expensive a particular destination country really is.
What if I am in Urgent Need of Cash Abroad?
- One of the important features of our travel policies is Emergency Cash Advance. It is an assistance service wherein the company facilitates providing emergency cash to the insured during incidents such as theft/burglary of luggage/money or hold-ups by co-coordinating with the insured person’s relatives in India to provide emergency cash assistance to the insured person as per his requirement, up to the limit specified in the policy schedule.
Individual Travel Insurance Coverage and Features
- Emergency medical expenses:
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance covers outpatient, inpatient, medical aid, therapies and diagnostic tests costs incurred due to illness or accident.
- Personal Accident:
Pays medical expenses in case of accidental death or permanent total disability.
- Flight delays:
- Delay in flights or rescheduling of flight is a common scenario during international travel. In case the aircraft is delayed for more than 6 hours then we reimburse the amount spent on the purchase of meals, refreshments etc. subject to submission of bills.
- Delay of Checked Baggage:
Compensation for reasonable expenses incurred for the purchase of toiletries, clothing, and medication due to da play of checked-in baggage for more than 12 hours.
- Total Loss of baggage & personal documents:
Get a cover in case of lost baggage or loss of personal documents such as passport and other relevant documents.
- Personal Liability:
Compensation for damages to be paid to a third party, resulting from death, injury or damage to health or property caused involuntarily by the insured.
- Other Benefits:
Personal Accident(Common Carrier), Hospital Cash, Emergency Dental Treatment, Medical Evacuation, Repatriation, Loss of Checked Baggage, Financial Emergency Assistance, Hijack Distress Allowance and Contingency Travel Benefit.
- It offers financial assistance for medical expenses incurred due to accident or medical emergency during the travel.
- Protects you against the trip cancellation or delay due to unfortunate events.
- Misplacement or theft of luggage or important documents like passport and visa are also covered in travel insurance.
- Some travel insurance policies also cover home burglary.
- Travel insurance also covers any legal liability and expenses if any with the medical or accommodation expenses.
- Death against any terrorist event will be covered by travel insurance.
- Costs incurred for the overseas funeral are also covered.
Make your travel itinerary risk-proof by taking a travel insurance policy. If you are traveling within India, you can buy domestic travel insurance plan and if you are going abroad, you can buy international or overseas travel insurance plan. You can compare various travel insurance plans on policy bazaar site. They provide a clear and fair comparison of the topmost travel insurance providers for you to decide the best one, as per your travel concerns.
Based on the insurance provider you need to determine which plan you need after comparing the coverage, limitations and special benefits.
You can select from the following –
- Apollo Munich Travel Insurance Plans
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance Plans
- Religare Travel Insurance Plans
- TATA AIG Travel Insurance Plans
- HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance Plans